The aim of every website is to get maximum traffic by optimizing it through different SEO techniques. Ranking a website with SEO techniques is a tough task for SEO professionals. It is necessary for them to use proper tactics so that they can get the best results after optimization.
There are three types of SEO techniques and each one has its own advantages and disadvantages. These techniques are given below.
- White hat SEO
- Black hat SEO
- Gray hat SEO
Every company has its own way and wish to optimize their website but, most companies and websites having the aim to stay for long-term avoids dark-coloured techniques.
White Hat SEO
White hat techniques are the most authentic SEO tactics that follow all the guidelines of Google’s Webmaster. These techniques may take lots of time and hard work but it also guarantees organic results and keep your website safe from Google’s spam team.
Here are the tactics of white hat SEO
- Relevant and important keywords should be there are URL and the title.
- There should be no keywords stuffing, sufficient and relevant keywords work better.
- Adding links and buttons to let your visitors know more about your site.
- Adding links in social media account and interacting with users in those accounts.
- Posting interactive, informative and relevant content.
Advantages of White Hat SEO
- White Hat SEO is cheaper than Black hat SEO for the long run. And penalizing through Google for using unethical techniques would cost more.
- White Hat optimization provides security to your websites and keeps your website secure against Google Penalties.
- Search engine ranking achieved through White Hat SEO are stable stays for a long period of time as compared to pages optimized through unfair means and unauthentic techniques.
Disadvantages of White Hat SEO
Although White Hat SEO is known as the purest form of SEO technique it also has some issues. First of all, it has limited scope, it is time-consuming as well as sometimes it is complex too. Along with its own issues, it is also true that it brings steady, gradual, but lasting growth in rankings.
Black Hat SEO
As the name itself suggests that Black Hat SEO is unlawful and Google penalizes those sites which use these tactics. There are chances that your site can even get removed from the index of the search engine if found using black hat tactics.
But this technique is not totally bad when used properly and wisely. Below are some tactics of using Black Hat SEO.
- Cloaking is to deceive the search engine crawlers into displaying a page when it would otherwise not have been displayed.
- Every website has some certain limits, focus, and density of words related to the business. When keywords are stuffed illogically and unnecessarily just to rank the website on the search engine is considered keywords stuffing.
- Many organizations put keywords in the same color as the page’s background. By doing this, the content is not visible to a normal visitor to the site but is picked up by search engine spiders.
- In order to elevate website ranking link popularity, putting invisible links is never a good practice.
Advantages of Black Hat SEO
- May lead to a boost in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPS).
- Earn short-term money but in huge quantity.
Disadvantages of Black Hat SEO
It is true that Black Hat SEO generates more income as compared to White Hat SEO but, the risk is always high in this technique.
If a small business owner is looking forward to a way to boost their website traffic, they should stay on safe and away and never should touch black hat SEO tactics.
Gray Hat SEO
As the name suggests, Gray Hat SEO is neither as risky as Black Hat nor as non-risky as white hat. It is the blend of both, that may or may not result in your site being banned from search engines and their affiliate sites.
Tactics of Gray Hat SEO
- Buying old domains.
- Purchasing Link.
- Social media automation and purchasing followers.
- Redesign your website at regular interval says for reviews.
Advantages of Gray Hat SEO
If these SEO tactics are followed wisely with huge experience and skillful hands, it will look natural and the site will appear like it has acquired its algorithm weights naturally.
Disadvantages of Gray Hat SEO
If the user of this tactic is not experienced or becomes less careful then it will take no time in changing the technique in Black Hat.
After knowing all the SEO techniques it has easy for you to choose which technique is perfect for your business and which can become the reason for the downfall of your business as well as remove your page from search engine raking.
So, be careful while choosing SEO techniques for your website because a single loophole can let your website shrink deep down in the search engine page.