A decade ago, the role of social media manager might not have existed, but today almost every company is using social media as a means to promotion, marketing and public relation activities. If a brand is not active on social media it may fall behind and lose out to competitors.
Social Media Manager’s job is constantly fluctuating in nature. They may have to work in different streams in a single day. The nature of their job is consisted of both hard and soft. Hard skills includes programming and copy writing, whereas soft skills are being empathic and organized. It takes time to develop both the skills in a social media manager. Most of the company prefer to hire person with soft skills because for the technical skills they can always be trained.
Whether you are already an expert social media manger or you are just starting your career as a social media strategist, by the end of this article you will understand everything related to content compilation and creation and how to relate it with your business.
Below are some essential skills that a social media guru must have.
- Copy Writing: For setting up a brand’s image content marketing and social media go-hand-in-hand. A social media expert must have the quality of content generation as they are the main voice behind the company’s social media platform and their job is to educate the audience about the brand. If you have the great quality of copywriting and developing right content you can set good brand image across the platforms in the order to represent the company otherwise digital marketing companies offer these services.Whether you are creating a Facebook or twitter post, writing is essential for social media marketer’s job profile. The headline of the post should be magnetic enough to attract maximum audience. So a social media marketer should not just use the content to sell something but to also convey the idea.
- Customer Service: Now a day’s most of the customer review the company and share their experiences on the company’s social media page. According to a study by J.D. Power, 67 percent of consumers use social media to ask specific questions or find help resolving problems. So it is important for a social media manager to have some basic customer service skills so that they can communicate with the target audience well.
- Respond Timely: Should have knowledge about how to find and monitor the conversations relevant to your business. Be super active when it comes to engaging the customers. Don’t wait for complains. For this account managers in digital marketing agencies are of great help and aid.
- Creative in Nature: Creativity is the key to success in the field of social media. A social media manager should have creative and divergent thinking so that he or she can always create something engaging and out of the box. There are huge experimenting options in social media, expert in this field can do anything and everything and then stick to something that can work well. Social media expert should be a decent photographer, graphic designer or videographer. He or she should have a nudge add a sense of humour, wherever, possible to match the industry standards.
- Good Communication Skills: In every media platforms whether online, electronic or print, communication is the must have skill for every media person. As a social media manager of a reputed digital marketing agency in Delhi, one needs to have excellent communication skill so he or she can convey the brand’s message in the best way possible to the target audience. For understanding customer’s needs and solving their issues, a social media expert needs to be a good communicator and orator. Good communication skills are also essential for getting along with colleagues, especially since you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment.
- Trend Awareness: Social media managers should have the quality to go with the trend or to create their own trend that can flow all over the social media platforms. In this evolving industry, social media experts should stay up-to-date with the latest news, information, tools, applications and technologies related to the industry available on different social media platforms. Trending hashtags, videos and contents should also not left behind by the experts of this field these are some most common channels through maximum audience are connected.
- SEO Understanding: By using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) company gets organic customers traffic that is the key to conversion. Integrating most searched keywords related to the industry in the content can let the content get rated on the top list of the search engine according to the Google rating algorithm.
The content that having high social reach gets maximum likes, shares, subscriptions and revolves on different social media platforms, the increasing social media visibility of a content leads to elevate the brand image as well.
By developing or improving these skills a social media manager can enhance the brand’s image in the market and can step ahead towards development and success in the social media industry. Try, develop, innovate or generate do whatever you can do in this experimenting industry, maybe your experiments can become a key to success for your company.